For many, the pandemic has triggered varying degrees of stress, anxiety and depression. Addressing it in the context of an advisor/client relationship can be uncomfortable. What can you do when emotional health becomes part of the conversation?
In this episode, Laura Gregg and David Partain talk with Dr. Chloe Carmichael, a clinical psychologist whose focus is stress management, relationship issues, self-esteem and coaching. Dr. Chloe shares some simple and supportive ways to recognize, acknowledge and talk about emotional health issues with a client.
Dr. Chloe discusses:
- When does anxiety move from normal to a problem?
- Talking about it is a sign of health: Acknowledging, supporting, normalizing
- Social anxiety: Tips on re-acclimating to in-person events
- How to use social media to get a copy of her most recent book
- And more
- The Flexible Advisor: 49. Conquering Stress: Harnessing the Power of Your Anxiety — With Dr. Chloe Carmichael
- Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety by Dr. Chloe Carmichael
- How to Choose and Online Therapist by Dr. Chloe Carmichael
Connect With Dr Chloe Carmichael:
Connect With Laura Gregg:
Connect With David Partain:
About Our Guest:
Dr. Chloe Carmichael holds a doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Long Island University. Her private practice focuses on stress management, relationship issues, self-esteem, and coaching. She is the author of Nervous Energy: Harness the Power of Your Anxiety (St Martins Press, 2021).
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More